- INCOMING HEADLINES -
- "The Man Of 1000 Holds" refused to comment on Jericho's antics after his match with Syxx.
- After Lex Luger's antics as of late, it has been ruled by WCW officials that he undergo a psychoanalysis course with trained professionals. His mental state is to be determined at this point and his future in professional wrestling may be jeopardy.
- Big Bubba Rogers has continued to mainly dominate on Nitro, focusing mostly on his nWo rivals. He will be a great ally to Hall going into Fall Brawl at the end of the month.
- While on commentary, Rick Rude said nothing, then walked out as the nWo flooded the ringside area, after the main event had officially ended.
- This week, Jericho utilized his championship belt during his match with Mysterio Jr.. As if he was sending "The Man Of 1000 Holds" Dean Malenko a message.
- "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright and Disco Inferno deemed themselves as The World's Grooviest Tag Team this week. What will this team become in the coming weeks? Will they be able to dance their way to the top of the division?
- As noted by Ted Dibiase this week, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair will be out of action for about two weeks. He suffered a severe concussion at Road Wild, at the hands of Raven.
- The newly signed Rick Rude was seen this week watching the main event from the stage of Nitro as it progressed. It is unclear as to why he had been there.
World Championship Wrestling has signed "Ravishing" Rick Rude to an active contract. Once a free agent, what will this wrestling star have up his sleeve as he makes his way to WCW?
- Chris Jericho was seen earlier today, walking down the street and acting cocky with his title (like usual). He passed a local Barbour shop, stopped and looked an then continued walking.
- The cruiserweight breakdown tonight was no doubt caused by the fact that there will be a cruiserweight open at Road Wild this Sunday. Every man involved was definitely jocking for position tonight. This elimination style battle royal will determine the next #1 Contender for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship.
- Disco Inferno and "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright have demanded to open up the Road Wild card on Sunday. Both claim that they cannot wait to destroy the other any longer.
- The mental state of the "Total Package" is now questionable and with no answer from Sting this week, where does that leave him fro Road Wild?
- It has been reported that Ric Flair suffered no serious injuries at the hands of Raven tonight. The only thing that has really taken a toll on Flair is the mental abuse Raven and the Flock have put him and his family through. What will come of this? Only time will tell...
- "Mean" Gene Okerlund caught up with "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright in the back, after his run-in with Disco Inferno. Wright summarized the situation by saying that Disco had be jealous this whole time of not only his dance moves but, his will to win too. More Information will surely be available on Wright's and Inferno's match at WCW Road Wild within the coming week.
- Since Jericho's claims were made tonight on Nitro, the WCW officials have worked around the clock to try and figure out if his statements were in fact true, or fabricated by Jericho himself. No further information has been released concerning Guerrero's possible illegality.
- Ric Flair hurried to leave the arena early in order to return to his home in Charlotte. Flair reports that some serious damage has been done to his home and that things with Raven and The Flock are now escalating to dangerous grounds. He states he will comment further next week.
- After being distracted by the man who Jericho credits to have started his losing streak, Chris Jericho succumbed to yet another loss to Billy Kidman this week. Eddie Guerrrero appeared on commentary mid-match and seemed to have good intentions while the match continued.
- As if to answer directly back to Disco Inferno this week, "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright won his match over Booby Eaton and decided to dedicate a dance to Disco after his victory. The two will collide at Road Wild later this month.
- After an impressive victory over Juventud Guerrera to earn the spot of #1 contender for the Cruiserweight Title , Eddie Guerrero was attacked by Chris Jericho. A furious Chris Jericho will defend his belt against Eddie come Road Wild.
- In Jericho's interview we hear the exact reasoning behind his malicious actions against Eddie. Just how badly will things escalate between these two?
- Raven seems to have his eye on the United States Champion Ric Flair as the audience learned this week. The anti-establishment Raven and his flock would no-doubt prove as a deadly enemy to Flair and may put his current title reign in jeopardy. How will things fare, who knows?
- No comment from the former WCW star Sting has been gained concerning the claims Luger made last week on Nitro.
- It was determined in the main event of Nitro that Scott Hall will meet "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan at Road Wild for his shot at the WCW Heavyweight Championship. Hall won the #1 contender's spot after being the last man in the ring after an over the top rope battle royal.
- For weeks, Disco Inferno has made negative claims on "Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright's dancing skill. He continually has said that nobody can out dance him or match his skill in the ring. Alex Wright believes differently and the two have agreed to finalize their statements at Road Wild in a one-on-one contest.
- The Steiner Brothers captured tag gold this week on Nitro after Hall turned on his partner the Giant. Scott Hall has yet to comment on his actions against the Giant.
- After "The Total Package" Lex Luger's impressive squash victor over Scotty Riggs this week, he cut a post-match promo. He mentions why he has been in a foul mood as of late. He says the fact that he was never awarded the credibility Sting was after years of tagging together has really eaten away at him. He mentions how pleased he is that Sting was put on the shelf nearly a year ago due to injury and that the WCW will never see Sting again. In closing he tells the audience to, 'Say hello to their new hero'.
- After throwing away the WCW Tag Titles earlier in the show, Scott Hall entered the ringside area once again to observe the main event of the evening, causing Hogan the victory. What will this mean in the weeks ahead?